View Single Post
Old 02/08/2005, 12:32 PM
Queen Supreme multitasker

Like I said before, it isn't child abuse, but there is no way it is healthy. I can even smell it if someone is smoking in the car ahead of me(at a stop).

My Dad smoked while we grew up, heck, it was the 70's, everyone did!! He only smoked in our kitchen and the house still smelled of smoke. I still smelled MYSELF enough like smoke, that when I was 16 the doctor was convinced I was a smoker. Oh, I also had strep all the time and later it was attributed to being exposed to second hand smoke

If a child has asthma and the parents smoke INSIDE the home or car, then, that is a whole new story. A loving, caring parent would put the HEALTH of their child above the *comfort* of smoking INDOORS.

I understand it is a terrible addiction. I understand sometimes it is impossible to quit. My Dad couldnt' even faced with death(and he died at 48 of emphysema) Though NOW we surely have alot more peer pressure to smoke outdoors or not at all.

People won't smoke in my car or home. I am happy to bring an ashtray out onto the porch and there are tables and chairs out there. Many a time I have sat on the porch with a smoking friend. Then again, that has never been an issue as no one I know smokes inside.

I have a hard time considering it child ABUSE as that is something much worse than second hand smoke

Money can't buy happiness, but neither can poverty.
- Leo Rosten