View Single Post
Old 02/10/2005, 02:24 PM
Team RC Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Flanders

The siblings of a 5-month-old girl who police say may have starved to death also appear to be malnourished, a medical doctor trained in child abuse and neglect told a juvenile dependency court judge Friday.
We've actually jumped on them too fast here. I was skimming the article again and noticed a key point. MAY have starved to death and APPEAR. There are some key problems with this. People tend to always think they know better and if this child is a very thin child some may think they're very malnourished, others may say they look a little thin but healthy. That damn media gets people going and they're good at it. I was about to hop in the car and go beat them myself.
When anything, especially involving children, happens bad society will jump on the "what makes them diff. than me because this could never happen to me because I'm better!" Then next thing you know they'll take all the members of that church and remove the children from thier homes. In an earlier post I mentioned breast milk but maybe the baby was getting it and mom was too malnourished herself to produce??
This doctor too is trained in child abuse and neglect. Hmmm, medical school gives the equivilent of a weekend seminar on nutrition. It's amazing how many people think they're getting "golden" advise from a md on nutrition. That is NOT thier training. Go to a nutritionalist, a chiropractor, heck, maybe a podiatrist for all I know but I do know the curiculum of medical and chiropractic colleges and medical school has basicly none.
This is along way from a smoking debate.