View Single Post
Old 02/09/2005, 10:24 PM
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by dcoufal
I rarely have pain with the migraines... If I have pain, it's usually just a bad headache. My migraines only cause the loss of vision/hearing, difficulty with speech, etc. I tried the "drug free" method for several years..... People calling 911 because they think you're having a stroke and you can't explain otherwise isn't fun.
I take as few drugs as possible: daily diuretic for high BP (had to be threatened by the Dr. to do it) and daily ibuprofen (low dose) for migraine prophylaxis. And, at $12/pill for the Frova.... I try to steer clear of any triggers.
My mom still does the "drug free" method, though.

well I should talk to dr about other ways to manage as it seems you've found the right way for you.

I literally feel like poking my eyes out - ussually I end up in my husbands lap with him holding my hands so I dont. That just aint working for me. Last time I went to the DR. for this - My husband took me during an episode - after an hour in the waiting room on the floor groaning, I Left - and swore to never go back to that Dr.

Only reason I havent went to dr since is because I dont expeince them more them once every 6 weeks, and I figure thats not often enough to be a worry.