View Single Post
Old 08/20/2007, 08:17 AM
Registered Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bloke
[B]Progress:
There have been some casualties... The Mimic Tang one day just suddenly disappeared. He was always a little skittish and hid quite often, but I think he became food for the crabs and shrimp. That's an expensive meal. I am not sure how/why he died. He ate and seemed healthy. He was the second fish in and no aggression was shown.

Additionally, I have lost one of the two cleaner wrasses, but I half expected them dead a week ago. They are often tough to keep and once the parasites (their food) was gone there probably isn't enough food to sustain two of them.

Everything else seems ok. Everybody seems to be eating peacefully and happy. There isn't any aggression between the tangs like I thought might exist, but it helped to put the most agressive fish in last. As far as the tank, water params look good and coraline algae is taking over.

Well by lookin at your dates that you have posted, the deaths prob have to do with tha maturity of your tank. Having four tangs within a month of your tank starting up is probably really stressful on the tangs IMO. I put two tangs in my 90g a little early and one ended up gettin ich. Then i gave it a two month break to add new fish slowlys and from there on out all have been ideal specimens for about 8 months now.

Evan

X.....................................

Click the house for my thread