View Single Post
Old 01/09/2008, 02:40 AM
Registered Member

11/09/2007 - Day One

When I went to feed my tank (as usual), I thought I noticed 2 odd things:

1) One of my 2 Banggais did not coming rushing to the water surface to eat, and actually was hiding from view behind one of my Anenomes. As I watched further I noticed foods floating right past the area and the fish was not darting out to grab them... my first thought was "Uh Oh is the fish sick?" because they always eat...

2) When I looked around the side glass of the tank I could see something different about the fish. The "chin" (if fish had chins) was sort of sticking out and the fish was breathing a little different than normal. It looked like he had a mouth full of marbles or something

I wrote in to my local website and reported these observations... a few people posted back that "if he doesn't eat he is carrying eggs..." While I was excited at the prospect I was still not convinced. I mean, I didn't see any spawning behaviors recently; nothing obvious, anyway. And the other Banggai was acting perfectly "normal" swimming about and eating like a pig.

I figured I'd just wait until tomorrow and wait to see if the one fish ate or not...

(Next... now I'm sure!)
modded CSS220 Skimmer
165 lb LR / 3/4" full Plenum / 5" DSB

Last edited by carlso63; 01/09/2008 at 02:53 AM.