View Single Post
Old 08/14/2004, 04:44 AM
Registered Member

Been into many a bar and managed to get out alive. My comment was merely a congrats to the writing of this article and it seems you needed to make comments about it (grin) and had an axe to stike back with of your own! I was merely stating a fact as I have been dealt with about an idividual that seems to think he knows quite a bit (and probably does about something) that stretched his knowledge, or lack there of, a bit too far and decided to degrade someone and tell them what a bad person they were for thinking of having a lion in a 180g.

As or the PHD thing, you are probably right, but I would tend to believe someone with a PHD a bit more than someone with anecdotal knowledge who can not back it up with any research or fact. The whole "contientious" aquarist thing can only be stretched soooo far. Beyond that it is just a cop out to say I don't know so you shoudl not try it!

Further after speaking with some from my own reer club ( no names mentioned or clubs mentioned) they seem to think he is a pompous jerk as well and did not enjoy his attitude either on his last visit.

As for live and let live, try offering something positive rather than just handing out blanket statements without any backing about how someone is doing the wrong thing for no explained reason.

Lastly once again this was not directed at either of you (Mr. D or Mr. Calfo) but a congrats to the author for a well written article. Once again I offer congrats on a piece of literature with some research and scientific backing.