View Single Post
Old 04/10/2007, 11:10 PM
Flow Master

I think you should try to make things right for the buyer. You should let the person know that is buying from you how you will deal with problems before they happen, this way if there is a problem both parties understand what will happen.

I do not think buying from other hobbiests should be considered business. If it were business,then hobbyists should be receiving retail prices for their frags. I mean if I were charging $35.00 for a stalk of xenia like other retailers online do and had a shipping discount with carriers, I would not mind sending a buyer three or four replacement coral. Hobbyists do not have these luxuries.

I think we should work with each other to try to solve problems but be understanding with each other that both parties have taken a loss when something does not ship well. But if it is complete irresponsibility on either side they should receive negative feedback, for example if a seller does not package a coral well for shipping does not include heat packs/ cold packs when needed. Or when a buyer lets a package sit outside in 85 degree weather for three hours after delivery. I would not refund the buyer in this situation, I give the buyer two hours to send me pics of DOA's this way I know the coral did not sit outside in terrible conditions.

One other note on shipping, many buyers want to go the cheap route when it comes to shipping and want a coral shipped to them using Priority mail. I try to talk them out of it but if they want it, I tell them I will not guarantee live arrival, then when the coral arrives dead they want a refund or another sent at my expense. I usually send a replacement but do not feel the seller should be responsible if the buyer has been pre-warned.