View Single Post
Old 08/05/2006, 06:34 AM
Registered Member

LRS078 , Sorry if you had the impression I was pointing a finger at you.
It just happened that my comment was after repleying to something you asked.

It was meant as a general comment about all products that we use in our hobby. I know there are very good replacement items that are a lot less expensive. I can certainly understand wanting to save 50 - 90 % on the cost of any given item. I just read a lot of post were people try and cut so many corners on every little item and I have to ask myself why they go to such lenghts for a 10 to 20% savings and lock out their LFS. I enjoy going to my favorite fish stores and try my best to support them whenever possible. The people I deal with have always tried to save me money whenever possible, sometimes they are a little more expensive than online vendors or stores that sell like products, but I would rather give my money to the guy that actually makes a living from and supports my hobby instead of saving 20%.

My comment was just a little heads up to those that seem to go out of there way, for a a few bucks saved. A good example would be going to Petsmart or Wallmart to purchase a pump that is sold for 20% less than at your LFS. Sure you could do it, but is it a good idea? I guess that's something everyone needs to ask themselves and is a personal choice.