Thread: "Earth Worm" ID
View Single Post
Old 01/10/2008, 09:50 PM
Registered Member

Hi, I actually have the same question. I have been looking for and ID for months. Not sure if this fits the description of yours , but could be possible. Yours doesn't sound like a peanut worm to me because when exposed to light they retract quickly and seem to turn outside in.

I will describe the ones seen in my tank as best as I can. They are almost impossible to get a picture of. (have tried) The largest one I have seen to date was close to 5inches long. I have been able to observe some of the smaller ones with an eyepiece. They are long and thin without segments. I would compare them more with a nematode. No appendages or antena. They also do not seem to get fatter as they grow, seem to stay uniform in girth while growing in length. I have seen a few burrow into the sand while others seek holes in the rock. They do not move fast and only come out into the open at night unless I feed my coral.

Not sure if that fits the description of your worm or not. But maybe it will help you describe it better.