View Single Post
Old 10/02/2007, 02:04 PM
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by jessp
what are monthly costs of running a system like that. how long has it been running, what are some problems you encounter?
It does not please me much speech on about costs not discouraging.' let me see... I expense about five hundreds dollars monthly.
First works adapting the space (the prop space was destined for parking automobile) had started have about 1 year ago. The first corals had entered have about 6 months and are the ones that I had in my home aquariums (all moved).
The main problem become related with the difficulty in finding rarer corals in the place where I live in. To acquire rarer colonies I have to go to far to buy some little frags. From Germany I brought about 20. I hope to return there soon but time $$$ is rare too. lol
Quote:

Originally posted
by jessp

Please show pics of your display tank, that thing looks awesome as well.
I'll post more pics. May be tomorrow. Today I'm gonna try to take some. The pics posted up to now in this threod was taken by "the master and magician" my friend Joćo Ribeiro!

Quote:
Originally posted by jessp
Please show from start to finish how you frag your corals. Are the flower plugs filled w/ cement or any filler?

lots of questions, i think everyone is in awwe right now.
Soon I will show a sequence since the harvest of the polyp, or a little frag, up to setting in the plastic pipes.
The plastic pipes may be filled with reef sand or aragonite. Filling the plastic tubes with cement, as you ask, is such an idea never entered my head. thanks, you just gave me a good and practical idea! to fill with aragocret...

Cheers,

Last edited by Machado deSousa; 10/02/2007 at 02:12 PM.