View Single Post
Old 08/24/2007, 10:17 PM
Registered Member

67G peninsula build

We decided we have too many little tanks around the house. So, we are going to combine them in one tank and here it is.

It holds around 67 gallons. The dimensions are 36x18x24. It has two 2" drains in the back wall for a closed loop. The four returns are in the top euro-bracing. The sump drain is an 1.5" I think. The return, also in the overflow box, is 3/4". I still need to get the bulkheads. There is one in the tank, but I don't really care for(read trust) it. I will be working on the stand this weekend.

The return pump is an Iwaki WMD-40RLT. Between this pump and the closed loop I don't think flow will be an issue.

The closed loop pump is a Sequence Reeflo Snapper

The skimmer will be fed off of the tank drain and will be external. I chose a Reef Octopus recirculating model. If you will notice it has a ridiculously tall output pipe. I will be shortening it. I don't think the shorter pipe will be a problem because I should be able to adjust the skimmer level with the ball valve.

Finally, the sump. Right now I am planning to use the sump as a refugium. I might add an extra baffle to create a separate return area. I will probably use the lights from our 20G on an opposite photocycle.

For lighting I am planning to use a Sunlight Supply TEK light. The 36" 6 bulb model should be perfect.
Please let me know what you think. Any suggestions are welcome.