View Single Post
Old 05/09/2007, 05:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Boomer
Church & Dwight has returned my phone call. If anyone has a box of Washing Soda that is making water brown or has a perfume smell to it feel free to call them and get the address to send the box in for a complete assay.

Take note that Church & Dwight, like many other companies, know that we use this stuff in fish tanks and they will not only tell you flat out NOT to Washing Soda but even NOT to use Arm & Hammer Baking Soda bought from super market or any place else as sold in its Arm & Hammer box. They will even tell you not not to use these two products in a swimming pool. Reason is, these two products are not for those uses. Such products for these uses come from another division for these purposes.

Church & Dwight
469 North Harrison St.
Princeton, NJ 08543

main: 800-221-0453

My direct phone call back from C & D

1-609-683-5900

http://www.ahperformance.com/contact.asp
Back in 2005 I discovered the brown slippery stuff(It coagulated like grease)in my batches of the Super Washing Soda mix.I thought it was a bad batch,so I bought more and made sure it had a different lot#.I got the same result.I bought more from 2 more stores more than 75 miles apart.I got the same results.
I contacted Church Dwight in December 2006.They had me ship the boxes back to them(I think there were 15),promising a response.I even included a jar of the brown liquid with the scum,described how I had mixed it,and addresses of where it was purchased.After not receiving a reply,I called to see if I could get the results.They assured me they were working on it.After 6 months I got the same reply.It's close to 1 1/2 now.
I mix up 7 G at a time for each of 3 tanks.I am really over baking baking soda.I hope the food grade turns out to be a good alternative.Where can 50lb bags be purchased retail?