View Single Post
Old 06/06/2005, 08:27 PM
Sea cowgirl

Quote:
Plantbrain says
The rates sound about right, but do not assume the weeds are removing all the NO3 or PO4. Some is preciptated, some is denitrified perhaps.
That is an excellent point I had not considered..
Quote:
Do not use Jobe's sticks or anything with NH4.
Your argument is that NH4 will cause algae issues as it does in FW, yes? I certainly would understand that. However, I've not had a problem using them in freshwater, and since others have mentioned them for saltwater, I gave them a shot. They are very very slowly dissolved, even after four months there were still appreciable bits in my bed. What substrate fert tab's would you recommend in place of them? Fluorish tabs?
Quote:
Once you learn how to grow a weed, you need to learn how to aquascape with it to promote the hobby using weeds.
Yeah.. I know its not much to look at from an aquascapers point of view at the moment. Coming along slowly. I actually just emailed the AGA about the annual aquascaping contest as it bars marine tanks.. even in the biotope category. I had wanted to share the eventual layout and grass garden through the contest, but the website is good enough for now.
Quote:
I'd still like to approach CO2 dosing again.
We may not need 30ppm of CO2, we may only need a stable 10ppm to do well/better and thus not lowwer the pH dramatically.
I also want to try this again when the tank is back to high density. I had a reactor on the tank in the early stages when it wasnt overly productive and saw no impact on growth. So, I thought I would just try it again and see. Cant hurt, right? Still no fish to imperil at the moment.

Thanks for the thoughts Tom!
>Sarah