View Single Post
Old 12/18/2006, 07:13 AM
Registered Member

The light fixture never arced.. Only the BALLAST housing and that was probably due to something in the ballast being loose (nut screw or something else known to happen with them) Fixture is as adverstised. GREAT SHAPE.

Nothing is burned at all in the fixture, even Bergy says that, but if you had contacted me to buy it saying what you just said about NOT being handy. I would not have SOLD it to you in the first place as I KNEW how MUCH DIY work it was going to take to make it work correctly. Ask Bergy if I asked him about his "skills"
for just this reason. I did and he knows it.

The ad was wrong, after the fact, I saw that and admit it.

But what everyone in here doesnt KNOW is that in all the communications I had with him after he said he wanted it, I stressed the NEED of the fixture to rewire the fixtures with the new cords thus CUTTING everything in there to set it up. no light task!

He said he could do it, I took his word on it. Maybe he couldnt do it now, and realizes that now and wants to back out.

but blaming it on wires that were broken and repaired knowing all i know about the deal was just weak to me, as he ALREADY KNEW he needed to CUT all this anyways resplice them to the new power wires to make the thing work

I was just trying to go the EXTRA mile in my offers for free stuff to him, since the ad was misleading. But I can promise you he UNDERSTOOD that light was NOT READY TO GO... just ready to plug and play kind of thing. He knew it needed MASSIVE Electrical and rewiring work internally and externally just to make it work with the new T5 ballast (which he would provide) and the BW7 I sold him.