View Single Post
Old 12/18/2006, 05:55 AM
Moved On

clarification

Some would say I love the drama, and that I would bring anything or everything here.

I did not think or chooose to bring tot he forum the issue I had with Benny as believe it or not, I decided to let that one go...

I had / have issue with Benny as he told me he would sell me something. And then he sold it to someone else.

I did not think or chooose to bring this to the forum as believe it or not, I decided to let that one go...

But since Benny seems to feed into the drama and contribure something that is not relative to this specific topic, I will try to do a quick clarification...

I offered to buy something Benney was selling. He seemed to have difficulty getting a buyer, and lowered his asking price, and when he did, I responded, and from what I can read (as you can read for yourself too, as it is still listed in the fs section), no one else responded.

After several messages back and forth, where I agreed to his asking price, and to come to fountain valley, and [blue]he replied that he would go for that[/blue], I asked for his address.

he did not respond for 30 hours, and when he did, he indicated that is was already sold to someone else

I had during that time bought other items, not from this forum... and had a chance to buy the same item benny was selling. (it was out in Oxnard where I was picking up a chiller, (that was new, but was advertised as in 'possibly' new as he did not test it out) I had to decline as I had already told Benny I would buy his barrel.

When I came back home, and later that night at 11pm, benny posted a message indicating that he sold the barrel to someone else.

When I questioned him on it, he replied by insultingme, and calling me names. He indicated that I lowballed him.

I offerd to pay him exactly what he was asking for the barrel, he had lowerd the price prior to my replying to him.

He asked for me to show him where he agreed to sell it to me, and I quoted the thread, (where you can read for yourself) where he agreed to the deal.

There were no other potential buyers messages's on the thread, there were no messages from benny indicating a pending sale, nothing...

Was I upset, yes. Can he choose who he wants to sell it to, yes, can he change his mind, certainly.

But why would he or anyone do so, then insult the potential buyer. I think ther eis a lack of understanding of what the other party is understanding or expecting. and with that, a defensive action to become offensive to try to justify or somehow feel good about his decision to change his mind...

Either way, the issue was not that big of a deal, and as some might think, no need for me to make a drama out of that issue, (until benny decides to bring it up in an unrelated thread)

But as some have pointed out, some people will attack the accuser of being the magnet to crime or issues, rather then focus on the actually problem or source.

do I need to be more careful, certainly, do I need to drop issues after being wronged, depends on the issue and the valuation and the potential repercussion of perpetuating it

Bottom line, I have no control of what others do to me.

If you or anyone chooses to not report or to to not tell others of your misfortunes that would be your choice.

I chose to bring up the light fixture issue after haveing the Benny issue, and then Bubbles issue the very next day...

Seems like the pattern is not necessarily me, but rather REEFCENTRAL, as they are a magnet to those that have no sense of common courtesy or respect

AND BENNY??? My comment to you in my last message still stands... It is apparent, my word and honor means more to me then yours. (and all for $20.)

And even if it were for $1, I do what I say I am going to do. My name is on everyting I do.

Quote:
Originally posted by bennyinca
First of all, let me say that I read the thread and do not see phatphisher or ginasofia making excuses for the seller. I am not going to either, but I believe this needs to be handled by themselves, it is not going anywhere here. They each have their own side of the story, and buyer and seller should be responsible for their actions. As a seller you should ad your product honestly, and a seller you should not buy anything unless you are comfortable with it. I also think that as a buyer, if you want a new product and warranties that go with it, then you ought to be buying from a retailer.

However, if you sense a mixed reaction in this thread, I believe it may be because some people have already dealt with bergovoy, like I have in PM. Or maybe you have heard. Anyways I think he has built a reputation for himself. His PMs are down right abusive, and for that reason I chose to cease replying to him. After my exp in dealing with him, I'd rather give away things for free than selling to him. Just my .02

btw I do hope you get your $ back. But like I said in a previous post, there was enough info in his FS post to keep an educated buyer away