View Single Post
Old 07/04/2007, 12:13 AM
kArBoN aDdIkT

Personally, I haven't seen any price drop at a wholesale level. Granted there are alot of the acans coming into the US right now from AU, but who knows how much longer Australia will be exporting stony corals. I mean this year is the first time australia has allowed export of stoney corals in over a decade. And let's face it, its a whole different government in australia, than in most of the indo-pacific countries that all of our other corals are imported from.. I will agree that it is kind of crappy to see all of these beautiful colonies purchased from retailers for the sole purpose of chop-shopping them up, and gouging them away. But it goes all the way to the source- some of the exporters in AU are doing the exact same thing, especially with the lords. That's one of the reasons why alot of the retailers seem to have only pieces of actual colonies.. It all goes back to supply and demand.. As long as the demand is there, the price will be there as well....