View Single Post
Old 07/03/2007, 03:43 PM
Premium Member

I bought one of Clint's whole colonies , I still have it with no plans to frag it up into a bunch of tiny frags. What I choose to do is no reflection on anyone elses choices. If they choose to frag and share with others that is cool, the coral continues to thrive and grow in various tanks. While some wont make it many will. In a year or two there will be plenty of colonies that people have grown out. BTW, I agree, Acan lords grow slow for me. I have not taken a picture of the colony yet but I certainly can. I did have to frag a one polyp layered section due to some die off when I first got it. It seemed that it was fragged before Clint ever got it. I noticed the cut edge when I removed it from the bag and the polyps were slowly fading. It had 30 polyps when I bought it, now due to the cutting It is around 26 polyps . I picked up the Python one off Clints site, I think it is still up there marked as SOLD for your comparison . He also has some of the original colonies still in his own tank. I know there are folks who have fragged colonies, it does seem to be the way it goes in the industry. We all frag for the sake of space, money, to share, etc.