View Single Post
Old 05/27/2005, 05:27 PM
Flea Slide

OK here is mine. It is connected in line with the main system, the tank is an Eurobraced Tenecor 48x24x16 on a Tenecor Acrylic Stand. It is lighted by two 250MH AB SE 14K bulbs on IceCap electronic Ballasts and two 55W T-5 Actinics. Lighting is controlled by the Neptune and is on at night oposite to the main tank photoperiod.
Barebottom with the eggcrate in two levels for different light penetration supported with 1" dia PVC lenghts that have four cuts on top at 90 degrees (dremel) where the crate get's inserted.
Recirculation is provided by two Magdrives (12 and 18 in series) Overflow and returns in center back. Total flow around 1900 gph with additional powerheads inside the tank.
The cleaning crew (besides my elbow grease) is just a bunch of Astreas and Ceriths plus one Mex Turbo.
Trying to grow basically rare or uncommon sps corals, examp. ORA torts, pink and blue table, lokais, red digitatas, red capricornis, green/red sarmentosa, neon confusa, red millie, blue stagehorns, purple buttlebrush echinatas and such.