View Single Post
Old 12/11/2007, 05:55 PM
Registered Member

Steve: The tank will be located miles from the nearest water source and water drain. I will have the rodi unit in the garage with fresh and salt storage out there but I will only be able to store 10 or so gallons in the stand for top off and dosing. The lazy susan will help make it easier. I have designed a cheap but (hopefully) effecient way to do the top off/dosing... that can be upgrade at a later time. The tank will have a canopy. I will be adding sps but plan on more lps and polyps. I have decided on the ASM G4X for the skimmer. It comes with a sedra 9000 and is rated for 450 gallons. Some have said that ASM's are under rated but several have recommended them too. The lfs that I bought the tank from is making me a great deal on the pumps, skimmer, lighting etc.

Thanks for the pointer on checking for leaks. I didn't think that the bulkheads might move. I am replacing the one for the closed loop intake Saturday and then I will fill the tank in the garage to check it.

Yes... there is a closed loop. The intake is near the center of the back of the tank. As I said... I'm replacing the bulkhead because the old one was capped off and beacause it was scaled back from a 1.5" to a 1" pipe. There are 2 bulkheads in the lower rear corners for the CL returns... I am adding one more return that will be in the front center. Each of the 3 returns will be split in two. The Barracuda should pump close to 3500 gph to the 6 outlets.