View Single Post
Old 12/11/2007, 04:31 PM
I am a super nose picker

Very nice tank, try and make some room in the back of the pumps so the exhaust air from the fan has room to escape.I don't think you will find 2x 5 gal buckets enough for top off.In a large tank like that if you have an open cover you will find yourself having to fill those buckets often.I have a 20 gal bin(maybe 25) and ever since I took my acrylic covers off I find I am evaporating twice the amount of water.I am thinking my bin is to small.If you can store a larger container somewhere else or maybe run a line to this container or straight to the sump it might be more simple.It all depends how much time it takes to run out of water(maybe 4 days).If you want to go away for the weekend or something will this give you enough leeway.You can do the 2 part instead of a calcium reactor its much cheaper on the wallet.You did a nice job on the stand wood is so much cheaper than buying a steel stand.Have you decided on a skimmer yet.I would give shaun at protein skimmers.com a call or e-mail him.His prices a vary fair for what you get.