View Single Post
Old 12/17/2007, 01:38 AM
no time for spell check!

Quote:
Originally posted by Reefaquariumnut
I did some checking and I think 2 - Reeflo snapper pumps might work for the small tanks.

Just so I don't make a mistake when talking to my stand contractor...I have dimensions of 42" wide and 18" deep. The first tank platform I have at 24". The second, I am not sure if its 34" above that platform or 34" from the floor (so 10" above the first tank?)...Also, you mentioned that each tank will have an external overflow on the tank that will feed the sump. Where on the tank will we mount those and also do we need to make space for that? I just want to make sure all the bases are covered before I give the stand guy a set of plans.
you dont need alot of flow from the sump to the tank. so i would say an eheim 1260 would be fine. you will need some good circulation in the tanks though. that is why i recomended the tunze nano's or the hydor pumps for circulation.

if you can feed all the water from the tank intothe skmmer you will have alot cleaner water. that is why i woud recomend the smaller feed pumps. 400-600 gallons an houre is plenty of flow to a skimmer that is that small.