View Single Post
Old 01/07/2008, 11:25 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mahalamata
hi,
i think everyone here is abit shocked at how many fish are in your little tank,hence the replies...I know I have made mistakes in the past,but you really need to research the fish you want/like before you buy them!I like www.liveaquaria.com to check the needs of the fish I want.For example here are links to two of the fish you have in there:

Powder Brown Tanghttp://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=367

and the FoxFace
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...pcatid=687&N=0

I agree with you that both are very beautiful fish but consider that between them they grow to roughly 20 inches(round about 40cm,together)
You should really consider the fact that your tank is too small for such large fish!Perhaps they have lived in your tank for 4 months but large fish sometimes take a long time to succumb to death...These particular fish need ALOT of space to swim and be happy and healthy.
As for the damsels they are very aggressive and on the whole do not do well with each other or many other fish for that matter,unless you have a large tank(maybe 55g or larger)
As for the clam generally they require alot of light and feeding to keep them alive.If you are going to install lights soon then fine but otherwise you might want to think about it!check this site out,lots of good info on clams

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/ca/volume...otTridacna.htm

I don't know what your experience with marine tanks is, but all i can advice you is read,read,read.The more you research and find out the better you're tank will do and the more fulfillment you will receive from this hobby
How often do you do water changes?what are the parameters in your tank?all these can be helpful if you require some guidance or opinions on your setup!
I also noted that you do not have a heater.do you live in a hot country?i come from Greece and in the summer not only do i NOT need a heater i need a chiller LOL.Most if not all marine life require warm water to live in,anything around 25c is great but any lower than 24c is dangerous.
I am sure you are trying to set something beautiful up and trying to enjoy this hobby as much as everyone else here!I am just worries that you don't have all the info on the organisms you are keeping and you could end up with a tank full of dead fish,and i believe you do not want that!So please take everything i have said a friendly advice and suggestions.
I am not here to grill you for any mistakes you might have made but to offer advice from my own experiences...if you want it.
thank you for your link! I'll go to glance them.

I have raised marine fish more than 7 years.I had raised low density fish at beggin. but I found some different way to raise marine fish.and I also found sometime fish are not so aggressive,no harm for each other.( just like my 3 desmals ,they live in one tank sevral months.)