View Single Post
Old 05/23/2005, 10:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by vpham24
Randy, that's nice man. What's that orange thing down at the bottom left. Are those yumas? The tank that cracked for me also have a centered overflow. The center brace does not exists, it was hold together by 4 inches wide glass pieces.

How long did it took you to set up the new one? I had no backup tank, so I had only 8 hours to clean up the mess and get the new tank up. That was a hard day for me.
In the second picture, the orange coral on the bottom right is a Scolymia coral I've had for many years. In the first pic, the orange things in the middle left are a patch of orange yumas.

Both of my 150's did not have a center brace. They have a 3" Eurobrace around the whole top.

I'm embraced to say how long it took me to set the new tank up. When the tank cracked in early December, I still had a tank setup in my basement fully running, but completely empty. I was able to fill it up with almost all my corals from the broken 150. It took about 3 months to order, and then receive a replacement tank. Then I dragged my feet for another 2 months. Once I set my mind to it, it was only a couple full days of work to take the broken tank off the old stand, re-modify the stand, get the back of the new tank painted and up on the stand, re-plumb the new tank, and then turn on the valves to fill the tank up.
I still have the tanks in my basement set up and running. One tank is completely empty again, but I won't be too hasty in breaking it down. I've learned that they can come in handy.