View Single Post
Old 01/05/2008, 11:48 AM
Premium Member

Here are some progress pics, and some major changes in the tank. I have been bb for awhile, so I decided to mix it up, yet once again, and add a 1/2 white and 1/2 black sand bed to the tank. I have decided to keep it shallow, less than 2". I have been using 2 modded tunze 6025's, which were literally blowing water off the sides of the tank. So, I decided to drill a hole,(diameter of a pencil) in each blade of the impellar. I didn't know what to expect, but needed alot less flow. Surprizingly, this added a more random flow, I am guessing between 650-750 gph. Very well spread out and fluctuating currents. This is a much nicer calmer flow throught the tank, with plenty of random flow to all areas of the tank. I have also re-scaped yet again, to add more area to mount sps corals. I will be adding a green cap w/ purple rim to the exposed shelf on the right side of the reef. This should just about do it, maybe some additional zoos. I now have 2 green reef chromis, 2 perc's, and 1 coris green wrasse. Anyway, here is the work in progress...... Thanks for looking....