View Single Post
Old 01/11/2008, 12:29 AM
Registered Member

Finally after a couple of months of ordering things like new lights, tunze pumps, a tank and stand, and more salt, my big tank arrived!

Damn this thing was heavy. Took 5 of us to carry the thing inside. We had to turn it on its side to get it through the doorway.

I also ordered a simple stand to put the tank on. I requested it to be 1 metre high, for easier viewing, and easy access to the filters etc underneath. My father is a cabinet maker. Together we are going to add some panels to the outside of the stand to make it look 'pretty'. Going on the rest of his furniture it should come up a treat when finished.

Well here are some photos. Enjoy.

My father and I talking cabinet options. My daughter and 2 smaller nieces in the foreground.

The stand is 1 metre high, allowing for easy access underneath, and a really good height to view the tank.

I placed some based rock in the tank straight away. Just getting ideas for aquascaping. I plan to have a fairly open aquascape. I love the look of the space. Inspired by invincible569 which is amazing.

More shortly. This will be a quick build as i have everything waiting ready to go.