View Single Post
Old 01/18/2007, 01:33 PM
Registered Member

My rule of thumb on tank/sump turnover is always 5 times the tank volume. This slow flow allows greater contact time with the skimmer, less bubbles and salt creep, and a smaller return pump. It also allows the sump to act as a settling chamber for detritus where it can be easily shop vacced out.

Since the bottom is PVC (and not glass) we elected to not have AGE cut the closed loop holes for us and do it ourselves. The tank stand is already in place and has LOTS of steel cross members and getting the tank and stand to match up would have been near impossible.

Another thing to mention is that when selecting equipment for this tank, we went with manufacturers that were known to be the best on the market.

Sequence offers a three year warranty and excellent customer support. I also stock Sequence in case the pump needs and immediate replacement.

Deltec has the best representative in the market in Doug and nothing cannot be handled quickly. I also have the same model Deltec in store in case a part needs to be robbed in hours.

Tunze's warehouse is located in Austin, they have the BEST powerheads on the market, and Roger Vitko is a first class retailer. Any problems can be taken care of without hassle and wasted time.

Coralife and Icecap have a distributor not 30 minutes from our store.

AquaFX is a brand I personally have been using for over 2 years. We have one of their units in store driving our water and Marianne (president) is ALWAYS willing to do what it takes to help you.

Finally we're using Tropic Marin salt as I use it in store, and on all maintenance accounts and the difference in salts is very evident. Tropic Marin's rep is also an incredibly helpful guy and I encourage anyone who goes to MACNA to meet with him.