View Single Post
Old 01/24/2003, 10:19 PM
Registered Member

Louis,

I think I caught a glimpse of the mating ritual last night. Unfortunately I was about 10 feet away from the tank and engaged in a conversation so I didn't get to see the initiation. What I did see was the male do a full circle (maybe a circle and a half) around the female with his fins fully extended. I couldn't tell if the females fins were extended because of the angle she was at in relation to where I was standing. The female then kind of did a smaller circle with the male and the broke apart. I did not see any of the vertical movement that I have heard Fairy wrasses do during mating, which I guess is a good thing since my tank is only 2' deep. I think this all happened about an hour or so before the lights were to go off. Anyhow, was rather interesting and I hope to be able to observe this again when I am in closer proximity to the tank.

-Steve

Quote:
Originally posted by Louis Z
Thanks Steve for the update. I ask one more favor from you. If they show spawning behavior after they settle in, could you post a brief synopsis of what goes on. Thanks again and I hope to add that book to my library this year.