View Single Post
Old 02/04/2007, 05:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Travis L. Stevens
Okay. This is purely RUMOR as of right now. I have not tried it. Supposedly, if you look at a glass tank with Polarized Sunglasses, the tempered glass looks different than regular glass. I don't know the validity of that statement. I guess I need to get off my lazy but, toss on some cool shades, and make a trip down to our local Petco and see what I can see.
Look at the windows in your car with polarized sun glasses. You need to be looking into the sun and move your head from side to side. The checker board pattern you see is the proof of the pudding.

I just picked up a 50 gallon tank (48x12x20") for $10 at a garage sale. It passed a leak test, though the silicone looks pretty shady. Against my better judgment I am stripping out all the silicone and re-sealing the entire tank using your 'GE Silicone 1'. Tomorrow I am ordering a diamond hole saw set for $7.99 from Harbor Freight Tools 1-800-423-2567. Thank you for all your help, wish me luck on the drilling (and sealing)!
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, In the ocean as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily surf. And forgive us our stolen waves, As we forgive those who pull out in front of us. And lead us not into white water, But deliver us from the tube. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen.