View Single Post
Old 02/04/2007, 02:19 PM
Registered Member

WOW

Hi Travis,

Another total and utter newbie here, who just finished reading this thread. ( I did skim through some parts, but I've got you "bookmarked" AND subscribed )

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for all this information, for taking so much time and writing it all up, and for writing it in a way that even I can understand it.

I became a member here a few days ago (thanks to the super dude from my LFS who guided me in the right direction), and have been busy reading, exploring, oohing and aahing.

My goal is to save up for a 75 gallon - and since I'm a "stay-at-home-mom/housewife - it'll take me a while to "gather up" the funds, but where there's a will there's a way, right? This thread has certainly encouraged me that there's tons of things I can do by myself, saving me quite a bit of money.

Here comes my first question: I'm eye-balling the RR 75 AGA, and am very confused about their overflow system because they say they're rated at a maximum flow-through of 600 gph. Shouldn't it at least be 700 gph to be efficient?

Also I'm confused about their design. I've never used a sump, so this will be a whole new adventure for me, and I honestly don't know how big of a sump I would need with the tank I have my eyes set on (in case of a power outage - which my neighborhood occasionally has). I don't see any "teeth (weirs???) on their overflow.

Am I making any sense? (Sorry, English isn't my first language)

Thank you in advance.

---
Wendy (the ultimate noob)
---