View Single Post
Old 01/11/2006, 09:42 PM
Premium Dad and Hubby

Thanks for the responses.....

Yesterday I picked up 22 Mexican Turbo Snails. They definetly eat this stuff up. However, based on the amount of Asparagopsis in the tank relying on the Turbos alone will be futile. Since the snails are eating so well I ordered about 70 more and also placed an order for the tuxedo urchins (Mespilia globulus) and halloween urchins (Tripneustes gratilla)

KMK2307 I agree with the advise on the refugium. For now I'll leave the fuge alone.... however, the fuge is also pretty over-run with this stuff. I did notice that not harvesting the macro-algae may make it harder for the Asparagopsis to grow.... So for now I will try to let the macro algae in the fuge take over the problem algae. By the way, I'm using a MTC 3000 skimmer..... so there is plenty of good skimming going on.....

Since posting this thread I have kept the lights out except for 2 hours/day. Also, for the record my water parameters are perfect with:

Nitrate 0
Phosphate 0
SG 1.024
PH 8.24
ORP 368 mv (Octopus Controller)

I will be cleaning out the tank again this weekend and will post status and pictures....

I must say not any change to date..... This one will take a long time.....

Thanks again and suggestions are welcome......