View Single Post
Old 09/12/2007, 03:20 AM
Registered Member

Ok, last few pics until its wet!

I have settled on the layout shown with a single tower.....i can always make other islands with loose rock in the future if needed.

All thats left is to trim away any excess black crate on the bases (although my shallow sand bed will cover these anyway) and then stick the bases and the backs to the glass with silicone. I will stick the backs by running a bead of silicobe between the very small gap between the glass and the rock - i can then add rubble and sand to the wet silicone and it will mask any gap and make the rock fit perfectly flush to the tank bank (yet be easy to slice off if needed in the future.

Cant wait to get the sand in - i think hiding the glass base will make a rea; difference to the "look" of the whole thng.

From the right

the left end

closer

closer still - the nooks and holes are so hard to show on camera (especaly my cheap nasty one!) but there are so many gaps leading to the hollow rear section (which is compltely hidden from view) that i am confident i can stock this thing heavy and still have every fish disapear from view in a flash!