View Single Post
Old 02/15/2006, 03:34 PM
I yam what I yam

Don't know if I'll be able to get in on this one but here's a little info/experience from the last one that happened right before winter.

We decied on saize, 5 poylops. You could sign up for as many trades as you wanted. Once paried up, you discussed with your partner as to how many frags you would trade. Scribe was the one who headed up the last one and you may be able to glen some info from him. Not sure how he paired people up. Once paierd, he sent out PM's to let peopel know who they were paired up with.

Some experineces I had.

For some trades, I bought a thermos, shipped it out and my partner returned my thermos with his frags in it. For others, they sent their thermos to me and I returned it.

As for the priorty mail, BE CAREFUL. I had some arrive in two days, one took two weeks. I was however, willing to ship out a second set of frags since the first ones didn't make it and because I had gotten some nice frags from him as well. Plus the trade was with Scribe who set it all up and so I didn't want to let him down.

It took three tries before I got him some live frags so just be forwarned. Be sure to double bag and wrap the thermos, any leaks and it will probably delay the mailing process. They don't like wet bags.

Shipping cross country ain't bad and I think it gives you a chance to get someting from the "other" coast that you might not get locally. Wish I could join this one but I'm going to be gone traveling abit soon and won't be around to do the trade.

Have you THANKED a Veteran lately for the freedoms you take for granted each day?