Thread: Koralia Sucks
View Single Post
Old 01/09/2008, 03:15 AM
Registered Member

Demon,

I wasn't saying I am happy with the flow or that I think they produce the kind of flow needed for the SPS dominant tank I strive for. I was just saying I am happy with the pump itself for what it is and what it costs. I should have mentioned that.

The original poster was commenting about the quality of the product, not it's intended use or longterm outcome from use. I was only commenting that the Koralia's I have, have worked without failure(meaning they still pump water).

This particular tank is only 6 months old but I have been researching more than 3 years and know very well the the ammount and type of flow I need.

Quote:
Originally posted by demonsp
schigara. This mightbe a little low. Your tank is young and low flow takes time from months to yrs to show and by then you never eben think its from low flow. I do agree that they have there plave in this hobby but are better used by a more experianced reefer. As a powerhead with more control from flow control knobs to duckbill tips for dirrection control. There are many variables though from feeding to stocking to rock placement that really could affect the outcome. I know your happy and think your fine but if you ever have a nitrate or algea problem pls keep this thread in mind.