View Single Post
Old 08/08/2007, 10:35 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoom
As your Emperor angel gets older you may have problems with him eating all the zoos ,clams ,lps. My Emperor is five years old now i had to move him out off the reef tank to a FO tank two months a go , after all this years now he start to nip/eat on my sps to.
Very nice tank you have there congratulation for the TOTM.
Did you ever try to install a A/C unit in your garage? Even if you don't have a window is some units that they have the compressor remotely mounted outdoors and the cooling unit in your garage they only need to have a small hole to run the wires and small copper tubing .
Pictures of the Emperor in my gallery.
Here is some info on A/C units just so you get a idea what i'm talking about.http://www.mrslim.com/UploadedFiles/...im_catalog.pdf
Yeah I do have concern about the emperor may start nipping when it gets older. So i'll watch it closely and remove it if needed.
Thanks for the link on the AC and that seems to be the solution i'm looking for my garage Wonder if this type of air conditioning system is reliable? and energy efficient? I saw they mentioned in the EFFICIENCY section that the units "use less energy (than standard units) in MILDER conditions" That could mean their unit efficiency is about the same or could be worse than the standard units But thanks for the idea, I'll do more research into it.