View Single Post
Old 09/19/2007, 08:20 PM
~~ P.P.P.P.P.P.P ~~

Quote:
Originally posted by capn_hylinur
here's pics of my filtration and tank. What I would like to do is turn my sump into what you have---how would you advise I go about doing that.
I like the cheato tank Capn', it looks like you have pretty much all bases covered as far as filtration. If you consolidated it all into one "sump/ref" as I have, it wouldn't be much of a chore. Just make a simple baffle system in a tank and decide where you want to place the the chaeto...I would recommend the center( where I have my mangroves and mud), unless you are going with the mangroves and mud also- in that case, I would go with four compartments instead of three as I have.
One thing about my sump is the LR rubble, I have tons of it and am making room for more. The other thing that I have found to be an excellent "natural" filter is bleached dead coral, there is about forty pounds in the first section as you can see under the LR rubble. IMO it is the stage before "LR" and the grass roots of "reef builders" and has served me well for many years- you might want to consider some.