View Single Post
Old 08/29/2007, 07:13 PM
Registered Member

Wow, thats perfect Nanogurl Thanks a ton!

I have decided on doing the following. I wanted a 75g before as i said, but im going used (I will be on a tight budget). So, im going to be searching classifieds like a maniac for good deals on tanks! The tank size, and some other stuff, will not be determined until i find the tank i want when im ready. If i was ready now, i found a 90g tank, drilled, with a sump for $200! How good of a deal is that! So no stand, or canopy... but i would built a stand for $50 (i live in a new neighbourhood, so i could 'borrow' some 2x4's (lol) and build one. Then for a canopy i could search for one used or a brand new one. Like the 64w T5 I found for $69.99. That tank would be ideal for me! So if i got one that size, do you think a PBT would be fine in that tank? I love bare tanks, and you bring up good points about not getting a lot of swimming fish, and not filling the tank up with LR. So say I did get a 90g, i would probably get a PTB, 2 clownfish, and i thought maybe 3 chromis. That would be a stunning mix i think.

I was also talking to someone with experience with a ton of fish (and PBT's) and he said that it would be good to add my PBT as the first fish after a long cycle, and when im confident my water is as close to perfect as it can get. We know they can be aggressive, but if i find a small guy (about 3" is my goal), add him to the tank first... he will be the only fish, and will have less stress. Instead of being the last fish and having to worry about competing for senoirity, food, power, e.t.c. The tank would be hooked up with a great skimmer, a UV sterilizer, cheato, and a sump.

Anyways, thanks again for your awesome type up of care tips, i really appreciate it. Also the pictures are still gorgeous, even though they are 'repeats' lol. Thanks again!

Dr. Dolittle