View Single Post
Old 11/26/2007, 04:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by coralite
Patwa, FWIW, the pictures of the purple giant cespitularia were taken at Sanjay's house. I stayed there for several days and we frequently debated the identity of this coral. Coral ID is part of my business and when I tell Sanjay this coral is a cespit, he takes my word for it.
Unlike Calfo who is trained in Literature, I am trained in coral science, notably physiology, ecology and taxonomy. The texts I am using for referencing are published by University Press and Elsevier and not TFH/Microcosm.

We can agree to disagree but please don't try to undermine my stance on the ID by assuming you know what references I use.

don't undermine what? you are using absolutely no references at all in identifying this coral....that's the point...you're just going on your supposed amazing IDing skills in telling everyone that it's a 'giant cespitularia', when indeed, you really don't know (and neither do I for that matter!).....i'm going on my amazing ID'ing skills as well.....figure that!?!

...also, you're telling me that Sanjay has now changed his stance on it being an efflatounaria.....he posted on Oct 24 in my thread that my piece, which is identical to his, is an efflatounaria...and today, a month later, he now agrees with you that it is indeed a "Giant Cespitularia" OK then....you're very persuasive, i see.

as for it being Sanjay's piece....nice...maybe you should have made that clear, cuz i tell you what, when one posts a pic of coral, 99.9% of the people assume it's in your possession.....thanks for clearing that up.

Again....just for kicks, can you explain why my "Giant Cespitularia" is growing a foot/stolon, when it technically should not be based on your keen 'knowledge' of stoloniferans and what-not? and what about my points in my last response? do i make sense? or is that just hogwash as well?

I guess you've decided i'm not worth the debate ("we've agreed to disagree"...oh well...was worth a shot....g'day.

Zach
Tunze 6045 & Modded MJ900
MAG 7 return via SCWD
Zoa-dominated, LPS, SPS, 4 fish
Xenia Refugium