Thread: Sick gramma
View Single Post
Old 08/15/2007, 07:05 PM
Registered Member

Sick gramma

It's hard to get pics of him - he hates the camera, and I can't figure out a decent setting to get a crisp picture, but here's what I've got:

http://www.dreamertheresa.com/sickfish

He's been ookie for probably the past four days, just being lethargic in general.

Today,when I fed, he was nowhere to be found. My boyfriend and I spent 20 minutes trying to see if we could find him in the rock or dead on the sand.

He finally came out, and I offered a little more flake, which he'd chew on, then spit out.

Now, he's hovering at the top of the tank, gasping.

It's obvious looking at him today that he's lost weight.

There are faint white dots on him. I suspect ich, my boyfriend doesn't think so (but he's better-versed with freshwater fish).

Our coral beauty doesn't appear to have any spots, and is eating and carrying on fine.

This fish is likely almost a year old - we got him in November/December of '06. He's survived being the first saltwater fish we had, and has survived moving across town three months ago.

The coral beauty we got after we moved, so we've had her almost three months.

We haven't quarantined. We also haven't purchased any new fish, having decided to wait until we get a quarantine tank.

pH is 8.2, no Ites, no Ates, no phosphates, no ammonia.
We have a 125 gal. with T5s that we got a month ago running on a 10 hour light cycle.

I'd appreciate any input; I'm rather attached to this poor fish.