View Single Post
Old 01/08/2008, 12:13 AM
Registered Member

I have multiple rows of tubs, each tube measures 300 CM X 90 CM (10ft X 3 ft) and each row measures 30 M X 90 CM (100ft X 3ft). The current natural light allow the corals to expand fully, but about 30% of the corals would turn to a darker colors if being held more than 2 weeks, while about 50% maintain the coloration and the rest 20% actually increase to a more intense color. If I install a single 250W bulb on each row using radium 20K on light rail that stop every meter (3.5 ft) for 5 minutes and continuously going back and forth for 10hr each day will it help a lot?? I heard short burst of intense light is actually better than constant light. Bear in mind that natural sunlight with naturally changing intensity are still available through natural daylight cycle, so the addition of the 250Watt on light rail is solely for providing short term repeating high intensity burst, also bear in mind that the corals are positioned only 10-20 cm (3-6 inch) below surface. In the past I have tried to open 60% of the roof with clear pp and it resulted in newly arriving coral bleaching, particularly scolymia, cynarina, and trachy......
Or.... probably all I need is actinic supplementation????? Paint the clear pp with clear blue color??.....???