View Single Post
Old 01/05/2008, 10:33 AM
I am a super nose picker

no problem.I tested it last night with no fans or sound in the room.I could hear my dart pump humming in the cabinet and my overflow.The overflow itself isn't loud you do hear a little water falling and a slight hissing sound from air in the pipe(stockman has a tube).I have the water set at 1" below the teeth.I turned on the wave box and you could hear some splashing.Take into account that I have my wave hitting the top brace of the tank(left side) so this is a little louder than normal.I can tell you my fixture fans are louder and its not that bad.It would be nice to get an even higher wave going but I am not about to cut my overflow teeth.I could try and shut of my return pump and play around with the wave.I could also divert the flow from my return pump to lower the water level and then make a larger wave but I would rather have more turn over.The wave box does works as advertised.You do see particles rise up and move around.I cleaned my front panel and I saw all the algae and crap move around.Things get stirred up more with the unit on.I noticed a big difference with it on.If my cl pump ever burns out I would get a stronger pump.The random flow from the OM unit helps as well.