Thread: Salt mix poll
View Single Post
Old 09/30/2007, 08:47 PM
Registered Member

i'm not sure what the point of this is, but it is obvious that the most people are going to use IO cause it has be around forever and can be found at pretty much every petshop that has anything to do with saltwater aquariums. Anyways, I voted Red Sea Coral Pro cause that is what I'm trying now and believe it to be one of the newer salts that has the most promise. I read somewhere in one of the newer tests that is being done, that for some reason IO salt seemed to have issues with Cyanobacteria in controlled tests. It also has low levels of very important reef related items such as calcium and magnesium. Which isn't a big deal for a fish only tanks. I don't like to add things to my salt to make them usable for a reef aquarium. I just want to make sure new reefers are aware that just because IO is getting a high vote definitely does not mean it is the best reef salt, because it is far from it. It really isn't usable for reef at all unless you bring the levels up with other products or mix it with other salts that have high values in areas where IO is lacking

Last edited by oct2274; 09/30/2007 at 08:59 PM.