View Single Post
Old 06/11/2004, 05:01 PM
Keeper(?) of Tim

Tim demanded that his roomie be taken away.

I complied.

Apparently that was the whole reason he wasn't coming out for pictures any more... he didn't like having the roommate. /shrug

I have a new pic (at home) and plan on coaxing him out for a photo-shoot again tonight.

His roommate was a beautiful C. rubbinsomethingorother (fairy wrasse with paddle-fins). He was originally meant for the main reef as a mate for what appeared to be a female C. rubbinsomethingorother. Turns out the female was in transition from female-to-male (and I didn't even get an invite to the coming-out/change party). The "female" beat the hell out of the super-male (he has very striking colors). So the super-male ended up in Tim's tank.

That's about the same time that Tim stopped coming out with his usual threats and demands.

Being as dense as I am, I interpretted that to mean he was happy. /shrug

This morning I found a note on the desk and knew it was from Tim (the hand-writing and grammar were astonishingly bad). He had demanded the wrasse be removed or he was going to do something to one of the cats.

I let him know that while he might in fact be able to cause one of the cats harm, it would only be after he had been swallowed.

He pouted some.

Then he progressed to sulking.

I'm a big softie at heart, as you all know from my too in frequent tank-draining sessions. Heck I haven't even let a heater explode in his tank for almost 6 mos.

I moved the wrasse.

I figured the wrasse had had ample food and time to toughen up during his time with Tim. I even gave him a little wife-beater shirt to wear in the big tank; hoping it would give him some psychological edge versus the psuedo-male already in the tank...

I'll let you know what happens tonight... or what I come home to tonight...

Zoanthid collector, Monitpoa sp. afficianado, Yuma snob and fan of the Mantis family.