View Single Post
Old 01/07/2008, 05:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I think it might be a good idea to make the outlet pipe clear, perhaps as an option. It would sure make figuring out the actual waterline alot easier considering the bubble density makes it very hard to draw that line between the water and the air.
I second this motion, somebody asked the water level question of me after I posted those skimmate pics, and I honestly haven't figured out the answer yet. The skimmer builds a head of foam so fast that it's not just a simple matter of where's the water level as soon as it's turned on.

On another note, personally, I like the named skimmers rather than just a string of digits. Maybe a date of introduction could be added to differentiate the models, but still incorporate the names. Then, for more detailed specs a list could be made available on www.atbskimmers.com
For example, my skimmer is one of the original European spec'd Smalls (let's assume it was introduced in 2005). It would be a Small '05. The new, resized for the US, Small would be a Small '07. The European Nano would be a Nano '05 which was not continued in the US nomenclature. And as long as specs are listed somewhere, anyone could easily go and find out that the Small '07 and the Nano '05 are actually very similar (Again, just an assumption for the sake of the argument).