View Single Post
Old 12/10/2007, 09:42 PM
Registered Member

AUGUST NTOTM

Allow me to introduce my 25 Gallon 18X18X18" ADA Cube. This topless/rimless tank is driven by a Rapids Pro all-in-one filter and 2 Koralia pumps, pushing roughly 1600gph. Sunshine is cast down by a 250W Aqua Medic AB pendant with a 20K HQI bulb. You may have seen my BC14, which was voted as August's NTOTM, but the corals quickly outgrew the limiting size of the tank in only 9mos! They continue to prosper in their new home featured here, which has been steadily evolving for the past 2.5mos. Live rock consists of various types from the Solomon Islands, Tonga, and Fiji. The unique characteristics of each rock helped the creation of a high reefscape, with many crevices and caves visible from multiple sides. Fish and inverts can access the cave from openings in the front, top, and rear. The VIP entrance is guarded my a tube anemone on the right side.

Livestock includes a perfect match of Percula Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 2 Peppermint Shrimp, 1 Cleaner, 7 Scarlet Hermits, and 10 Astrea Snails. The reef is mixed with a broad selection of zoanthids, palythoas, mushrooms, leathers, various softies, a crocea clam and of course SPS. Parking is reserved at the back side of the reef for 5 varieties of swirling Monti Caps (that's why it's empty). The tank is never done, it only gets bigger.

So without further ado, here's my new 25 gallon baby... -Hope you like it.

FTS

*I'll swap this photo once I get a better shot with the leathers opened.

TOP DOWN (just a tiny piece)

FULL SETUP 4 sides of the tank (5 counting the top) can easily be viewed by taking a short walk around the center island.

I decided to go with top angle views for my other 3 shots to give a
multiple view perspective of what the tank looks like in person:

TOP RIGHT ANGLE

LEFT CORNER

TOP REAR w/ Gear

Last edited by PurpleUP; 12/10/2007 at 09:57 PM.