View Single Post
Old 01/01/2008, 01:20 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by demonsp
But if you have atleast 1 yrs experiance in a reef tank you can only see that the pic he afford was not a 3 or 2 or even a 1 yr tank pic.Unless he scrapes all glass sides and cleans all equipment evey week or so. It just looks to clean to me and this is to me a well placed guess.
Like I said, I do weekly water changes on the tank and wipe down all the salt creep on equipment and any algea growing on the front glass, I don't touch the sides or back, you can clearly see coralline grown on the filters that is impossible to get off. It's just funny that you are telling me my tank is brand new when I know for a fact I set it up originally in Dec 04 to cycle and added my clownfish in Feb 05, my first fish is still with me amazingly enough through my newb mistakes.
Honestly that tank always looks grungy to me because the glass is really green tinted, I got the tank secondhand and it must be older than dirt. My Aquapod run off the same water is covered in coralline but it never spreads in this tank except on the equipment.

Once again, I'm not encouraging peope to use tap, just pointing out that the whole tap water=death and algea isn't always the case. I'm purchasing a ro unit before my new tank is up and running and I'll see if there's any difference then. One thing I've noticed now is I cannot keep any micro or macro algea alive, they all just fade away, my cheato is alive but falling apart and not growing but the coralline spreads great in my other two tanks but not in this one. All tanks get water changes out of the same buckets, same frequency, about 15%.

Where'd the OP go?