View Single Post
Old 01/07/2008, 11:18 AM
Registered Member

Fe will help and I'd suggest it. Darker greens, faster growth after 1-3 weeks with good nutrients.

The saving grace for Cheato is that it can tolerant a wide range of conditions and still live and grow.

But if you want to optimize it's growth, you need to address the trade offs between the optimal parameters for Cheato, and that of corals, or other critters you might have in the tank.

There are a lot of myths, and perhaps a few a truths in there with these different sets of parameters.

Mostly myths from what I've read and seen, tested etc.
But few have ever tested this stuff critically and with a control(the biggest issue with the hobbyist trying to deduce anything).

If you cannot consistently produce a control, which is typically a very successful tank without any issues as a starting point, all you have is a tank lacking controls
This really stymies the aquarist, but many seem to think they can find cause and effect. You might get some correlation, but that's about it, it's like convicting someone in the court of law based solely on circumstantial evidence. They might be guilty(or not), but the evidence cannot say

I'm amazed at how many folks will try though.........and argue..and try every sort of rational to claim that their issues are related, rather than to test critically.

But..........they have to be able to provide a control to begin with, and if they could do that, they'd not have the issue in the first place

So it's a catch 22 for them.

Same deal with other branches of the hobby, planted tanks, fish diseases, and various snake oil concoctions......ad nauseum............

Regards,
Tom Barr

Regards,
Tom Barr