View Single Post
Old 01/10/2008, 06:36 PM
Registered Member

That tanks looks good, but probably not for too long unless your a violent water changer.

You have a tad too much livestock especially the tang, the hippo should be fine in there until 3 or 4 inches when he will need to be upgraded also herbivores are very messy they eat and poop a lot ( due to the low nutritional levels in algae) That will add a lot of nutrients to the tank. The clown goby is fine, the clownfish or the flame should go too if you want to keep the SPS healthly, from that I say you have a nice tank, but it is overstocked with fish. Also keep on eye on that umbrella mushroom they shrimp and other inverts. They will lay out and wait once the invert walks over the tissue the mushroom will close up fast and look like a ball, but inside its stinging tissue is killing the invert and swallowing it in its mouth. My umbrella tried to eat my cleaner and still does, but my cleaner is smart and takes three steps on it and backs off and when the mushroom is in a ball shape the shrimp eats the food laying under it, I don't know if your shrimp will adapt like mine.