View Single Post
Old 11/21/2004, 06:58 PM
Registered Member

Not a member yet, but if you are looking to recruit members, a discount is one way to do that. However, since I get the feeling that this group wants to keep this club low maintenance, low political nonsense, and so forth... I'd say screw the discount.

Money, sort of like politics, tends to divide. Heck, if the club didn't have sponsors already, I'd almost discuss trying to figure out a way to do this without any sponsors at all.

Note that, I do appreciate the ARC discount, and the ARC sponsors are awesome... but I'm just trying to bounce some ideas around. It seems that the sponsor thing (even with the discount) is typically a win-win thing for the local sponsors. But, maybe for someone like MRC, who does more national (global?) business, it isn't as quite as big.

Maybe, instead of a discount, the club could basically have reef companies (could be limited to sponsors) donate for fund raisers, meeting locations, and special events. You know maybe in exchange for them set up a booth, display a banner, donate items, donate raffle items, etc. etc. whatever... depending on the event.

I'll shut up now. I don't really feel that strongly on this... just rambling...