View Single Post
Old 09/12/2004, 10:25 AM
lift it up tallways

I was having a great conversation with 1diverdown (Doug Thompson) in the Deltec booth, when David Saxby stopped by. I felt like I was on a European vacation. I asked for a photo, and as I was getting my camera out of the bag, people showed up out of nowhere and started taking pictures. Very nice folks to chat with. Some damn nice equipment too.

Busy spot all day long.

John Maier was very informative about cyclopeeze, and I even scored a bar of frozen CE for the 3-hour trip home. (lots of ice). The polpys on this coral shot out within SECONDS of him feeding the CE to the tank. Very good display.

I will unofficially say that this was one the most crowded exhibit all day. It was in the non-profit/information related room, adjacent to the Reefcentral Table. Several times a day, there were crowds of people around the Fregexchange.com table. They were giving out bottles of DTs and Seachem's reef dip all day long. But the main attraction was the fragging demonstrations. When they were finished with each demonstration, they gave frags out to the folks who were watching/learning. I met up with an excited couple earlier in the day who were VERY pleased about their free frag. Extremely informative sessions, and overall very well done. I was extremely impressed with the gang at www.fragexchange.com.

The captive oceans table.

Bubbleking skimmer at the captive oceans table. It feasted on some water from the Boston Harbor, and began to foam over quickly. They had to throttle it down quite a bit. Very cool skimmer. Imported on behalf of Royal Exclusiv. I hope we see more of these in the US soon.

This is the heart of the bubbleking. Low power consumption and high output. That's what I like.

This was part of the AGA display. This system was one of the raffle prizes.