View Single Post
Old 10/10/2004, 10:13 PM
Premium Member

Tank plumbing design

Before I send my hole layout to my tank builder I wanted to run my plans past everyone here and get some feedback (both positive and negative).
I guess I should first explain my tank. It will be a room divider (viewable from 3 sides, both long sides and one end). The size is 96x36x32. What I am trying to do is keep all, or as much of the plumbing hidden as possible.
I will have two 2 inch drains in the overflow the return will be fed into a 4-way Oceansmotions (this will have two 1 1/2" outlets on the overflow face and two 1 1/2" will be plumbed so that they run under the LR (from there they will be Y'ed off, to give more exit locations). I will also have a 2" bulkhead feeding the closed loop. This will return into another 4-way oceansmotions and plumbed the same way as the other. I would like to be able to turn the closed loop off at night, to reduce flow in the tank to simulate night conditions.
I am also having 2 extra 2" bulkheads put in (just incase I need them). I am not worrying about any extra holes in the overflow face because it will be made from acrylic and if I need to add some holes later I can.

I figure I will run both the return and the closed loop with a pair of sequence 5000 pumps.

So here is my idea.....let me have it ....

Here is a rough drawing of my idea, along with some hole placements.

last one